We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The policy may be occasionally updated. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you agree with any changes.
What we collect
The Trail Co. may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
The Trail Co. require this information to further understand your needs and improve our service, in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send you promotional emails that we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided.
- Occasionally, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or phone. We may use the information to further customise the website.
We do not share your data
The Trail Co. will not share your data with any third party for marketing purposes, and you will not receive offers from other companies or organisations as a result of providing us with your details.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Although The Trail Co. would like to stay in touch, you can unsubscribe at any time - simply click on the unsubscribe link in any of our emails or contact us via the website to unsubscribe from our mailing list.
The Trail Co. take your security very seriously and take all reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure. Personal information may be stored both electronically on our computer system, and in hard-copy form. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable procedures to safeguard and secure your information.
- SSL encryption: Secure Sockets Layer protocol protects your online transactions and provides communications privacy over the internet. This allows your computer to communicate with our server in a way that prevents forgery. Your credit card number is also "one-way" encrypted as it enters our databases.
- Firewalls, passwords, anti-virus software and email filters also act to protect your electronic information.
- Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally have to request proof of identity from you.
- Credit card information is never stored. We securely submit credit card information to our bank for processing.
The Trail Co. use traffic log cookies to identify page usage. This helps analyse data about customer traffic, allowing the website to be improved, based on customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and this data is then removed from the system.
Cookies provide you with a better website experience by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful. A cookie does not give The Trail Co. access to your computer or any personal, other than the data you have chosen to share.
You are able to either accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers now automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser settings to decline cookies. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the The Trail Co. website.
Links to other websites
The Trail Co. website may contain links to other websites. However, once you have used these links and have left our site, you should note that The Trail Co. has no control over other websites. We therefore cannot be responsible for the protection of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites. These external sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website you are visiting.
Controlling your personal information
You can restrict the collection or use of your personal information:
- When you fill in a form on the website, there will always be an option to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- However, if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes and change your mind, please write or email The Trail Co.