Join us for a weekend of running, training and fun in the beautiful Lamington National Park. This camp will be geared towards events such as the Lamington Classic and the Coastal High 50 ultra and will also be will be great for anyone looking to improve their trail running over distances around 21km or more.
We'll work on endurance, technical skills and strength, all while experiencing the beauty of this incredible part of the world. You'll spend the weekend running and relaxing with like-minded individuals, away from the pressures and distractions of the 'real world'.
Camp spots will be limited to a maximum of 30 participants so get in quick to secure your spot!
- 4 x run training sessions (inc 1 technique session), taking you over interesting parts of the Lamington Classic and Coastal High 50 courses with options depending upon running level.
- Informal seminars exploring topics such as technique, race nutrition, preparation and increasing distance sensibly.
- 1 x Strength and Conditioning session
- 2 x nights bunkhouse accommodation at Grooms Cottage, Binna Burra.
- Basic food to prepare 2 x breakfast and 1 x lunch during your stay
- 1 x Pizza Dinner on Saturday night
- Spot prizes and giveaways
How fit do I need to be to participate?
While the weekend is designed for runners working towards trail events of around 21km or longer, we will be unlikely to cover that distance in any single session and will have ample rest time between each run. If you're feeling too tired, you can always choose to sit out a session. During runs, we'll split the group into two and provide options to keep runners of different speeds looping back together regularly. If you're comfortable running at least 10km, at any pace, you should be fine to participate in all runs.
Will I get lost!?
We'll definitely do all that we can to make sure this doesn't happen. Depending on the variation in the group's abilities, you may spend some time running alone which can be quite lovely and is a great way to prepare you for race day, but that will usually only be for short periods. We will regularly regroup and the coach will run back and forth, ensuring everyone is safe, happy and running well.
I have special dietary requirements.
We'll supply ingredients to prepare breakfasts and lunch, while the Binna Burra chefs will be catering for our Pizza Night. We'll send out a form to all participants in the lead up to each camp where you can tell us about any dietary requirements. We'll do our very best to cater for most needs and will discuss with you individually if there are any issues. We'll find a way to keep you well fed for the weekend's activities.
Please note: By placing a booking you agree to the Terms and Conditions of participating in The Trail Co. Club activities and our Cancellation Policy.
We know plans change and we aim to be as flexible as possible with cancellations. At the time of booking, we charge the full course fee. Where a cancellation is unavoidable, we will provide you with a refund in accordance with this policy:
- Cancellations 8 weeks prior to the event: 90%
- Up to 6 weeks prior to the event: 80%
- Up to 4 weeks prior to the event: 50%
- Within 4 weeks of the event: 10%
If the event fills up prior to commencement and a wait list participant can be recruited to fill your cancelled spot, therefore covering your costs, we will refund the whole payment minus a $25 charge for payment processing and administration.
For the safety of our participants and the trails on which we run, instances of severe weather may mean we need to cancel either individual runs or, in rare cases, a whole camp. Severe weather may include, but is not limited to, prolonged, heavy rainfall, high winds, lightening or fire danger. This difficult decision will be made by the coaches in collaboration with the Park Rangers and will not be negotiable.
- Where individual runs during the camp need to be cancelled, we will do our best to find alternative routes, times or activities.
- If a camp is cancelled before commencement, we will aim to reschedule or offer you a place on an alternative camp. If no suitable alternative is available, we will provide you with a full refund.
- If a camp has commenced and running later becomes impossible, we will provide alternatives such as strength or information sessions.