The Guzzler Ultra | Virtual Challenge
As we have to wait until November to see our Guzzlers in person, there’s no better way to celebrate our original event date (and to give us all a reason to ditch the slippers and don some trail shoes), than with a virtual challenge!
Choose from the 21km, 50km or 100km event and run or walk that distance anytime over the weekend of 25th - 26th July 2020. The name might be ‘virtual’ but the challenge is very real!
- Personalised Virtual Bib with your individual race number (physical bibs won’t be issued)
- The Guzzler Ultra ‘Year 2’ event t-shirt
- Uber-cool finishers medal
- Leaderboards to compare your results with other Guzzlers
- Lots of chances to win prizes from our fabulous sponsors
Not one for swag? Basic Entry includes a virtual bib, your results on the leaderboards and the chance to win prizes from our sponsors.
Already entered into the non-virtual Guzzler Ultra for November?
If you have a current entry into any non-virtual distance for The Guzzler Ultra presented by MINI Countryman, you can choose the Basic Entry and will still receive an event shirt and medal. You’ll get a head-start by getting your event shirt early and knocking out a great training weekend too. Make sure to use all of the same details, including your email address, so that we can match your entries up and you don't miss out on your medal.
- Enter the distance of your choosing.
- Record a run or walk of that distance on the weekend of 25th to 26th July. It can be done anywhere, including on a treadmill, and any time across that 48 hour period – you choose your conditions!
- Make sure to take lots of pictures too – we’ll have prizes on offer for prestigious categories like Best Dressed.
- Your run will be added to our leaderboards and all finishers will receive a medal* for their chosen event in the post soon after.
Further details and virtual bibs will be sent out to all competitors in the lead up to event weekend.
*Excluding Basic Entries
- The reason we’ve gone virtual for July is to do our bit in minimising the spread of COVID-19, so all Virtual Guzzlers should adhere to the current government restrictions and advice for your region.
- Results can be recorded on any GPS watch, smartphone app or treadmill. They must be uploaded to our results platform by the end of Mon 27th July to be eligible for your finishers medal.
- You can complete the distance any way that you choose, as long as it’s on foot. Walk or run; trails or road; treadmill or the great outdoors. You can also complete it in multiple segments, as long as all of them start and finish on the event weekend (25th-26th July 2020 AEST).
- All participants take responsibility for their own conduct and safety. You will absolutely have our virtual support but that will only go so far so please make safe and sensible choices about your running route, gear, timing and support crew.
- Entries close Thurs 23rd July 2020.
Entrants will be notified when Shirts arrive and finishers will be notified when their medal is ready. The following shipping options are available:
- Pick up in store: you can get your shirt and medal almost as soon as we do!
- Standard Shipping: we'll send out each item as it arrives. This is $10 for a single entry or free for orders over $49 (can include gear and entries)
Basic Entries: as these don't include a shirt or medal, you won't need anything shipped to you. If you choose this option when you've actually entered the full Challenge, your shirt and medal will be made available for collection in store.
Want free shipping on other gear? All orders over $49 are eligible for free Standard Shipping and yes, your entry counts towards the $49.
If you enter multiple people on the one order, all shirts and medals will be sent to the same address.
Note: We expect the shirts to arrive in time for everyone to get them before event day however with COVID-related manufacturing and shipping delays, there is a chance they won't get here in time. If that is the case, we'll ship them out at the same time as the finishers medals.
- A new form (above) will need to be completed for each individual participant.
- At checkout, the person completing the order will need to complete their details again on the payment and shipping screens.
- If shipping is required, all shirts and medals will be sent to the one address.
- The person completing the order takes responsibility for agreement to the Terms and Conditions on behalf of other entrants.
All finishers will receive a medal for their event and there will be random prizes on offer from our sponsors, as well as prizes for some fun things like Best Dressed so make sure to take pictures and have fun out there!
Leaderboards will be published but there are no prizes for 'winners' as everyone is completing their challenge under very different conditions.
We will have to trust you all. This challenge is mostly meant to be rewarding in the spiritual sense so anyone who cheats is really just cheating themselves and that is probably a pretty icky feeling. That said, if there is any credible evidence that someone has cheated by not doing the distance, riding a bike, strapping a watch onto a cheetah or any other creative work-arounds, they may be disqualified.
Refunds and Transfers
Refunds and transfers are not available for the virtual challenge.
Conditions of Entry
Completion of your entry is an agreement to the following terms and conditions. For entrants under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must process their entry and agree to these conditions.
- This virtual event can be an extreme test of physical and mental limits and carries with it the risk of personal injury or death, as well as property loss or damage. Organisers cannot be held responsible for any adverse outcomes arising as a result of participating in the virtual challenge.
- Participants are responsible for their own safety and well being at all times. There is no in person support or safety available from organisers.
- Participants take responsibility for adhering to all relevant government guidelines and restrictions in place for their physical location at the time of the event.
- Any participants who are shown to have acted in an unlawful or anti-social manner may be disqualified. This includes but is not limited to agressive or rude behaviour towards others, accessing closed trails, trespassing, cheating or any other behaviour that may bring the event or event organisers into disrepute.
- The minimum ages for participation in the virtual challenges are: The Big Sipper - 12 years; The Glass Half Full - 15 years; The Guzzler Ultra - 18 years.
- For all participants under the age of 18, a parent/guardian must agree to these terms and will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring:
- the participant is capable of completing their nominated distance, all at once or across the event weekend
- the participant is accompanied by an adult while participating in the event, particularly if running outside
- the safety and well-being of the participant at all times
- Shirts are already in production so sizes are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. If any sizes sell out, we'll get in touch and work out an alternative with you.
- Entry is open to participants from all over the world. If you'd like a shirt and medal, please contact us first to enquire about shipping options to your location.
To find your correct shirt size, please find a running shirt that fits you well. Lay the shirt flat on a table and measure the width (of just one side) of the shirt from arm pit to arm pit.
|Half Chest (cm)||49||51||53.5||56|
|SIZE||XX Small||X Small||Small||Medium||Large||X Large|
|Half Chest (cm)||41||43.5||46||48.5||51||53.5|
If you have worn a shirt from The Trail Co. before then this is the size you should choose again. Please note: while we try our very hardest to ensure a perfectly fitting shirt, due to manufacturing tolerances there may be a slight difference in your shirt dimensions from those recorded in this table.