Black Diamond Distance Carbon FLZ Poles
Combining ultralight carbon construction with Z-Pole technology and FlickLock® adjustability, the Distance Carbon FLZ is now stiffer and more durable, making it the ultimate pole in adjustable, folding performance.
The Distance Carbon FLZ is Black Diamond's premium pole for fully adjustable, folding performance. Now with improved joint support, making them 30% stiffer, and greater durability, thanks to added reinforcements around the locking mechanism and upper shaft. This highly adaptable trekking pole delivers 100% carbon construction, FlickLock® adjustability and a three-section foldable shaft. Combined with interchangeable, non-scarring Tech Tips and a lightweight EVA foam grip, your grasp and traction will be solid.
- Improved joint support and stiffness
- Lightweight, EVA foam grip with breathable, moisture-wicking grip
- Non-slip EVA foam mini-grip extension
- Three-section foldable shaft with speed cone deployment and FlickLock® adjustability
- 100% carbon fiber construction
- Interchangeable, non-scarring rubber Tech Tips and carbide Tech Tips
- Stopper basket with shaft catcher to secure folded sections
Z-POLE RAPID DEPLOYMENT SYSTEM
- Concealed inner cord
- Single push-button release to collapse the pole
- One-pull, Speed Cone deployment
Speed Cone technology comes from Black Diamond's expertise in avalanche probe design—a key component of Z-Poles' stiffness and fast deployment. Simply grab the grip and the first shaft section, and pull them away from each other. The pole will snap into place and lock. Each Speed Cone guides a shaft section into place, and stiffens the joint when the pole is locked. Protective, flexible tube ends cover the pole’s Kevlar® center cord when folded.